Monday, October 29, 2007

Bloc Party Goes UltraMan!

When is bad good? I recall the visually bad Ultraman invading my TV set as a youngster, admittedly I spent a great deal of time with my "baby sitter" aka the tube! There was UltraMan, Brady Bunch, Mork and Mindy, Lost in Space, Jetsons and much more cheesy television for my viewing pleasure! Yes looking back at these programs they visually were unnatural, strange, cheesy and kinda just ridiculous. Yet what these programs did do were provide an outlet, yes I want to live with Astro and have a button pushing job! Yes I wanted to have a talking robot and super powers to kill the monster invaders! And yes I too want to create worlds of the unknown- better- cooler- leave me with my Legos to create and conquer! The creative juices were flowing, and I was inspired to think outside 'the box' - so with my Lego collection, rocks, leaves, boxes, chairs, you name it, forts were created, backyards converted into lands of the unknown and creatures were being drawn in notebooks with my magical pencil as my weapon of choice!


So what does this all mean? OR why am I taking a trip down memory lane? Well its all due to one of my favorite groups latest single! Oh yeah...Flux is the Bloc Party video that has me skipping down memory lane!

If you're a fan of the group then you'll more than likely dig this latest release. I'm not a 'music expert' nor do I try to pass as one, so to attempt to give this song or video a proper review would be silly. I find this video to be nostalgic; it bought back memories from a work free, bill free and creative time filled period in my life so that in my book is reason enough for me to enjoy this video and recommend it to others!

Bloc Party Goes Ultraman





So if bad old time television brings back happy memories then I suppose thats when bad is good! Thanks to Bloc Party: Flux for a trip down memory lane!

Flux will on sale November 14th

1 comment:

Fitz said...

I remember those times... "backyards converted into lands of the unknown" I did that too. Great video!